Are you looking for a tasty beverage you can make at your next cookout, something easy to make, flavorful and sure to refresh you? The following recipe is really good. It uses frozen fruit so the resulting smoothie will be thick, nearly the consistency of ice cream, but if you want it to be thinner then just freeze one of the fruits, or else use more coconut milk (or a splash of another kind of milk) in the recipe. Use light coconut milk instead of the full-fat kind if you prefer. You can also change the type of fruit you use. Pretty much anything will go well in this recipe, so consider raspberries, peach, apricot, pineapple, or anything else. It is often worth keeping some frozen fruit in the freezer, then you can easily throw it into the mix.
Quick and Easy Smoothie
All you have to do to make this is put the ingredients in a blender and press the button. All the ingredients will mix together and you will end up with a rich, thick smoothie which is perfect to cool you down during the hot weather. If you want to make this with alcohol then feel free to throw in a splash of your favorite liquor, but it is also delicious without that. It is easy to halve the recipe or to double or triple it if you need to change the quantity.
This is a recipe which will appeal to kids as well as grownups, since kids are keen on most sweet recipes and this one offers plenty of nutrition from the fruit as well as flavor. You will not need to add sugar because the fruit provides plenty of sweetness but if you did want to sweeten this up further then just add some white sugar to the mix, or a few drops of liquid sweetener if you prefer. A splash of honey would also work well in this beverage recipe.
Ideal for Any Occasion
Whether you are relaxing at home, enjoying a cookout, having friends or family over, or even celebrating a birthday, anniversary or similar special occasion, this recipe is perfect. The flavors combine beautifully and the drink not only tastes amazing but it is also a very nice looking one, especially if you garnish it with a few fresh strawberries.
The recipe can be made with fresh or frozen strawberries. The fresh ones can be frozen if you want to make the drink really thick and cold, but use them fresh if you prefer. Alternatively just buy frozen strawberries and use those. Since they are going to be pureed into a beverage it does not matter about the different texture or appearance frozen ones offer.
Anyone can make this delicious fruit shake. All you need are the ingredients and a blender. Even if you do not have all the ingredients listed you can swap the fruit for other types of fruit, and use regular milk instead of the coconut milk. Switch up the ingredients as much as you want, to get the perfect result, and make sure you make extra because everyone will love it. If the weather is especially hot you might want to throw some ice cubes into the blender too, or else serve the finished drink over ice.
- 2 chopped frozen bananas
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Fresh strawberries, for garnish (optional)
- Put all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Divide between 4 glasses and garnish with fresh strawberries if liked.
Colorful and appetizing, this is the quintessential drink for the summer. Blending strawberries, bananas and coconut milk, the exotic, tropical flavor will blow you away. This is very easy to make, and all you need to do is put the ingredients in the blender and push the button. You can see how good the strawberry garnish looks in the photo, but if you do not have any fresh strawberries, you could use a piece of fresh pineapple or even a lime wedge as your garnish instead. This delicious drink is wonderful for any party or special occasion, and the nutrients in the fruit are good for you too.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16112 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11163 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9221 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8672 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8431 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8078 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7875 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7497 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6992 Views)