This recipe is so good and really easy. You can use a juicer if you have one, to juice all the ingredients together. If not you will need to use a blender and that takes a little more work since you will need to chop the ingredients first, but it is still worth doing. Something else you might wish to do is add a mango to the mixture and that is a great idea if you want the added sweetness as well as the nice tropical flavor.
In this recipe the pineapple and orange are sweet, the carrot is a nice blend of sweet and savory and the lime juice adds a wonderful tang. Leave the zest on the lime if you want the stronger flavor else cut it off. You cannot easily peel a lime by hand like an orange so just use a knife on it if you do not want the zest. With a juicer you can throw whole fruit and vegetables in there and the juicer will extract the juice and remove all the bits you do not want, but with a blender you need to prepare the fruit and vegetables first.
Not all blenders can cope with hard substances like ice, nuts and carrots, so check your blender is up to the job before adding carrots in there. If you tend to make a lot of juice recipes you might like to shop for a juicer because there are plenty of different juicing recipes available and you will find you use it daily, perhaps to make a morning smoothie or to make exciting summer drinks to enjoy with your barbequed food.
Summer drinks are always fun to make because you can use all kinds of exotic and tropical fruits and come up with your own flavor combinations. You do not have to invest in a juicer or blender either, if you do not mind doing extra work in the kitchen. One reason a lot of people like to make their own summer drinks is because the commercially prepared blends tend to contain a lot of sugar. You might be used to these beverages but make the following recipe and taste it. You will be pleasantly surprised how much natural sweetness the fruit gives the drink. If you still prefer a sweeter finish then feel free to add sugar, honey or artificial sweetener to the mix, or add a mango or another very sweet fruit instead.
This recipe makes enough for 2 people so you can double it or triple it if you wish to make a batch. Left to sit the punch will separate so this is best served immediately. If it does separate then just use a straw or stirrer to blend it back up. Something else you might like to do is pour this mixture into popsicle molds and freeze them so you have popsicles. If you want to get your kids to drink something this healthy you might have to forgo serving it as a smoothie or punch and freeze it instead. Kids often turn down what they view as health drinks but not many kids will say no to a colorful fruit popsicle!
- ⅔ pineapple
- 4 carrots
- 2 oranges
- 1 lime
- Orange or lime slices, for garnish (optional)
- Peel the pineapple and oranges.
- Top and tail the carrots and peel them if you wish (you do not have to).
- Put all the ingredients in your juicer and juice them.
- Serve this drink cold, adding a slice of orange or lime to each glass as a garnish if liked.
Carrot is added not only to counter the sweetness of the beverage but also to deepen the color. As you can see from the picture, this fruit punch is a nice, appetizing shade of orange. Perfect for serving at summer barbeques, this fruit punch has a wonderful flavor. Because it is best served immediately, it is a good idea to chill the ingredients beforehand. That way you will not have to chill the juice. If your ingredients are at room temperature, just serve the drink over ice. You might want to add ice anyway if the weather is particularly hot, to keep the beverage refreshingly cool.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40258 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16157 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11299 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9253 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (9237 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8581 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8274 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7984 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7559 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (7096 Views)