This delicious beverage is rich in vitamins and minerals, and you can either serve it as it is or combine it with other fresh fruit juices to make your own refreshing alcohol-free ‘mocktail’. Kiwi and apple go beautifully together and you will enjoy the rich flavor of this beverage. It is tangy and sweet. Granny Smith apples are nice with the kiwi if you want a tart taste or you can choose a red apple which will have a softer, less ‘crisp’ flavor.
Use a juicer or blender to make this recipe and double or triple the recipe if you are feeding a crowd. Because this beverage is best served immediately, just make enough to give everyone one glass each. If people want more (and they will!) then you can make another batch in 5 minutes and serve it freshly made.
To check whether your kiwis are ripe, press them a bit. They should be quite soft but not mushy. Feel free to swap the apples for strawberries for a different flavor, or try adding berries, orange, mango, pear or pineapple to the mix, either whole fruits or juices. What you add depends to some extent whether you are using a juicer or a blender. You can make this drink in either of those machines but a blender needs a bit more work from you, because you will have to scrape down the sides and perhaps add extra juice.
If you are using a juicer, serve the juice over ice. If you do not have ice, then chill the fruit before juicing it. If you are using a blender check whether your blender can handle ice (not all of them can!) before adding it, or else just chill the fruit before making your drink. The recipe calls for kiwi, apple and ice cubes, nothing more, so if you are looking for a recipe which is straightforward and not packed with sugar or other unhealthy ingredients this one is ideal. Throw in some nonfat frozen yogurt or sorbet if you want to add creaminess but do not add milk because raw kiwi curdles milk.
This tangy, sweet beverage is not only delicious and refreshing, but also good for you. Did you know kiwi contains more than 1½ times your recommended daily allowance of vitamin C, plenty of vitamins A and E, and the same amount of potassium as a banana? The little black seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which are good for your heart. No matter what dishes you are serving at your barbeque, offering something cold and refreshing to drink is very important. People tend to have cookouts when the weather is hot, which means staying hydrated is important.
- 3 peeled, chopped kiwi fruits
- 2 ice cubes
- 2 cored, peeled and chopped apples
- Apple juice, as needed
- 2 kiwi slices, for garnish
- If you have a juicer, add the fruit to it and process.
- Serve over ice cubes.
- If you prefer to use a blender, add the fruit and ice to that and whiz for about 7 seconds on high.
- Scrape the kiwi off the sides using a rubber spatula, and add some apple juice if the mixture is too dry.
- Blend until the mixture is lump-free.
- Serve in chilled glasses, garnished with slices of kiwi.
This fantastic beverage is so easy to make and it is also very healthy too, boasting the vitamins and minerals found in apples and kiwi fruit. Give your dinner guests something cold and refreshing if the weather is hot and they will certainly appreciate it. This tasty kiwi mocktail is so simple to prepare and if you have kiwis and apples you can make it. Add some ice to the mixture, either whole or crushed, and you can serve it super-cold. The color is attractive and a simple kiwi slice is all you need for a classy garnish.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40220 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16084 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11049 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9210 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8230 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8008 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (7902 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7796 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7363 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6905 Views)