If you enjoy bell peppers and you want to make colorful kabobs with green, red, yellow, and orange bell peppers, this recipe is ideal. Bell peppers add a splash of color to any dish and the tasty soy sauce and rosemary marinade in this recipe gives lots of flavor to the bell peppers and onion. With the bell peppers, you do not have to use one of each color; if you want to use just green and red or just orange and yellow that is fine. Just choose the ones you prefer because different colors of bell peppers have a different taste.
You can either use a gas grill or a charcoal grill to make vegetable kabob recipes, depending what you have available. In fact, if the weather is bad but you still want to make these, what about using an indoor grill? The results will be very similar and who knows – by the time you have finished marinating the veggies the sun might have come out and you can use the outdoor grill after all!
Maybe you like meat kabobs, like a grilled beef and vegetable kabob or a chicken shish kabob with vegetable chunks, in which case you will find these kabobs to be very similar but obviously without the added meat. If you are serving meat as an entree, a vegetable kabob recipe makes an excellent side dish for it. You can vary the vegetable that you use, if you want to, as long as everything has more or less the same cooking time. If you want to use some denser veggies, you might need to parboil them for ten minutes first, to ensure they are ready when the bell peppers and onions are.
The ingredients used to make the marinade are soy sauce, rosemary, garlic, shallots, olive oil, black pepper and red wine vinegar, so you can imagine just how much flavor there is going to be in the finished kabobs. All of those ingredients combine so nicely to make the marinade. Sniff it and you will discover how aromatic it is too, so you can just imagine the amazing results it is going to yield.
The olive oil is the base for the marinade, but feel free to exchange it for another kind of oil if you do not have olive oil. Although the flavor offered by olive oil works nicely with the other ingredients in the dish, a neutral oil will also be good here. The vegetables are just bell peppers and onion, but do not assume the range is too limited because each color of bell pepper offers a slightly different taste, so you have plenty of depth of flavor here, plus the piquant punch of the red onion.
The bell peppers need to be cut into cubes while the onion can be chopped. Let the marinade soak into them for a couple hours and then it is time to thread them on to bamboo skewers. These can then be cooked to perfection on your barbeque grill.
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 chopped cloves garlic
- 3 chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Combine the olive oil, soy sauce, rosemary, garlic, shallots, black pepper, and red wine vinegar to make the marinade.
- De-seed the bell peppers and cut them into 1 inch squares.
- Chop the onion into wedges.
- Soak the prepared vegetables in the marinade for a couple of hours, then thread them on to bamboo skewers, which have been soaked in cold water for half an hour.
- Grill the vegetable kabobs over a medium heat until the vegetables are tender and slightly charred.
This is one of the most colorful vegetable kabob recipes of all time, thanks to the different kinds of bell peppers and the purple colored onions. If you are looking for a colorful side dish or something appealing for vegetarians, this vegetable kabob recipe is great. You can see in this picture of vegetable shish kabob skewers how attractive they look with the different colors making them stand out. The soy sauce, garlic, and rosemary marinade infuses the vegetables with plenty of flavor and these kabobs look really tempting. They are also healthy and full of nutrients.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40258 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16147 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11287 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9251 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (9225 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8567 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8268 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7979 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7555 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (7090 Views)