Best Vegetable Kabob Recipes
Vegetables often feature on kabobs, whether they are the star of the show in a vegetable kabob recipe, or threaded along with meat or fish to make mixed kabobs. If you want to stick to just the vegetables there are all kinds of amazing recipes you can make. Try marinating the vegetables or adding some fruit to the skewers or brushing a spicy or sweet sauce on them during cooking.
Not only can you use soft vegetables like bell pepper, eggplant and mushrooms, but you can also use denser ones if you par-boil them until nearly tender before threading them on to the skewers with the other vegetables. You might like to choose contrasting colors to make bright, appetizing kabobs.
You can thread all kinds of vegetables on to skewers and produce the most delicious results. Whether to serve the kabobs as an appetizer, side dish or the main dish is up to you, and you can also choose how big the kabobs are. Vegetables are a very healthy ingredient and if you are looking for fresh side dish ideas, barbeque vegetable kabobs might be the perfect option.
Ensure a Perfect Flavor
Although each vegetable has its own distinctive taste, you might like to add even more flavor to your veggie kabobs, and there are various ways to do this. One idea is to use a marinade. Of course you do not need to tenderize the vegetables, but a marinade will add lots of flavor and soak into them. Another idea is to coat the vegetables in oil or melted butter and add ground spices and/or herbs. A marinade can also be brushed on to the veggie kabobs as they cook to seal in the juices and fortify the flavor.
Kabobs are So Easy
You might like to thread whichever vegetables you were going to steam, boil or stir-fry on to skewers and cook them as kabobs instead. One of the advantages is you can rotate them as needed, to ensure even cooking. Flipping 4 mushroom kabobs is certainly easier than flipping 48 individual mushrooms! Whether or not you use a marinade or basting liquid is up to you, but the flavor of vegetable kabobs is always amazing.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16109 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11155 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9215 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8651 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8419 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8071 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7855 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7488 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6986 Views)