This is a simple eggplant recipe but definitely one of the best recipes for grilled eggplant ever. Like a lot of grilled vegetable recipes, the great thing about this one is its simplicity. The eggplant is grilled to perfection and then served with pine nuts, basil, and goat’s cheese. The balsamic vinegar drizzled over the top adds an air of sophistication to this grilled eggplant recipe. You can use feta cheese instead of goat’s cheese if you like; the textures and tastes are similar.
To make this side dish into an entree, just add some tomatoes and a roasted yellow bell pepper. That would make it into a fantastic dinner for a warm summer evening. Oven-dried tomatoes are a great addition too and they add color as well as extra flavor and a new texture. You can alter the recipe in any way you want or just follow it as it is. Use either regular eggplants or Japanese eggplants for this. Japanese eggplants have a delicate, sweet flavor and a thin skin, so they would be perfect when you are making recipes for grilled eggplant.
This is a very simple dish and some of the best recipes are that way. The flavors and textures contrast yet go together perfectly and nothing else is needed to improve this dish because it is already wonderful as it is. Serve this eggplant salad recipe warm if you like, or chilled if you prefer. It is actually really good if you serve the eggplant warm from the grill so the goat’s cheese gets really soft. The eggplant will not be hot enough to melt the cheese but when it softens it tastes richer.
If you have decided to make this delicious dish, all you need to do is toss the eggplant in olive oil and then put it on the barbeque for a few minutes or until it is tender. To remove the bitter flavor from eggplant which you might or might not notice (do not bother with this step if you do not notice it) then you can sprinkle salt over the eggplant slices and let them sit for an hour, before rinsing them and then continuing with the recipe. That is something you could do before adding the olive oil and barbequing them anyway. Pop the eggplant on the barbeque along with any meat or fish you are going to cook, or any other side dishes.
Have the basil, goat’s cheese and pine nuts ready to sprinkle over the cooked eggplant, and have some balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper handy too, so you can add these extras white the eggplant slices are still warm from the barbeque. Anyone can make this easy recipe, anyone who can fire up a barbeque. If you do not have a barbeque, use a gas grill or even an electric grill. Whether you make this with eggplant, or swap the eggplant for zucchini, you will really love the result. Add some crusty bread and serve this as a vegetarian lunch or dinner, or serve it with chicken or steak for carnivores.
- 3 eggplants, in 1 inch wide slices
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, chiffonade cut
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 oz crumbled goat's cheese
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Toss the eggplant in half the olive oil and grill it over a medium hot gas or charcoal grill for about 4 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear.
- Arrange the grilled eggplant on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle the basil, pine nuts, and goat's cheese over the top and drizzle the balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and remaining oil over the salad.
Like with many other recipes for grilled eggplant, this recipe looks very attractive. Everything from the glossy purple skin of the eggplant to the golden brown toasted pine nuts and the fresh basil will make you want to reach for a fork. This recipe is very simple to make and you can use any kind of eggplant you like. Why not try it with zucchini if you happen to have some? Serve this tasty grilled eggplant recipe as a side dish or appetizer. It is also a great entree for vegetarians if you add some tomato and bell pepper and serve it with crusty bread.
One Response to One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40222 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16103 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11115 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9215 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8302 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8275 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (7985 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7824 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7418 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6944 Views)