If you like to make easy grilled vegetable recipes, you might like to try these wonderful, Middle Eastern style grilled vegetable wraps. Succulent grilled vegetables are combined in this recipe with flavorful hummus, aromatic herbs, and crispy warm tortillas, making this a delicious lunch or even a light dinner.
This is a very healthy grilled mixed vegetables recipe, like many other veggie recipes and the hummus and tortilla helps to make it satisfying and tasty. If you fancy a change from plain grilled vegetable recipes, try this tasty recipe. You will love the combination of textures and flavors in the vegetable wraps.
So what is in there? Well you have eggplant, mushrooms, 2 colors of bell pepper and green onion, which is certainly a lot of variety to thrill vegetable lovers. As well as the veggies, this recipe includes lemon, juice, hummus and fresh herbs and of course the tortilla wraps too. You do not have to be a vegan or vegetarian to enjoy such a meal. It makes a tasty change from similar chicken or beef tortilla wraps, and you will find the vegetables to be really flavorful. Cooked perfectly they will be succulent and juicy and the flavor is so good it is hard to describe. Ensure these are served lovely and hot from the grill for the very best results. If you have some vegetables left over you can always serve them in a salad the next day. Some people will deliberately make extra so this is a possibility for the following day’s lunch.
Into the wraps goes some hummus as well as the fresh herb and lemon mixture. You can grill the tortillas before assembling the wraps too, to warm them up, make them more pliable and bring out their flavors. The grill marks on them also look really good. Choose your favorite kind of hummus to add to these. Some people have a preference and others like to make their own. Hummus is a Middle Eastern spread made from garbanzo beans (chickpeas) as well as lemon, tahini, garlic, and cumin. To make your own, you just need to whiz the ingredients in a food processor to get a nice thick texture. Hummus makes a lovely dip with chips or vegetable crudités so if you are making your own just make extra and you will find plenty more uses for it.
These grilled vegetable wraps offer a Middle Eastern flavor. Although you might associate tortillas with Mexican cuisine, stuffing them with hummus, lemon and fresh herbs does offer an unmistakable taste of the Middle East. A lot of people find they have the same things most of the time when firing up the grill, and there is nothing wrong with enjoying hamburgers and grilled chicken, but sometimes it is nice to have something different, and this exciting Middle Eastern veggie wrap certainly fits the bill. Offer this to visiting vegetarians or enjoy it yourself. You cannot go wrong with this very easy recipe and once you have tasted the harmonious flavors you will want to make this delicious dish again and again.
- 1 eggplant, cut into ¼ inch slices
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¾ lb mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup hummus (chickpea spread)
- 12 large fresh mint leaves
- 12 large fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking.
- Spray the eggplant with cooking spray and thread the mushrooms on to skewers if they are small. Grill the peppers, skin side down, until the skins are blackened.
- Put them in a paper bag and seal it, steam them for 5 minutes and peel the skins off.
- Grill the mushrooms and eggplant, covered, over medium coals for a couple of minutes on each side or until lightly browned and softened.
- Cut the peppers and eggplant into ½ inch strips and quarter the mushrooms.
- Combine the vegetables, onion, black pepper, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Grill the tortillas on both sides for a minute and cut them in half.
- Spoon hummus, herbs, and then vegetables on one side of each tortilla half and fold them over to close.
- Give each person 2 filled tortilla halves.
These delicious vegetable wraps are a healthy alternative to beef or chicken wraps and they are rather tasty and pleasantly filling. Juicy barbequed vegetables are added to crisp grilled tortillas along with hummus, lemon juice and a trio of fresh herbs. The result is a delicious meal, suitable for either lunch or dinner, and the flavors and textures combine harmoniously here. This is a very easy recipe to make and you can choose from homemade or store-bought hummus, depending how much time you have available to make this dish. You do not have to be a vegetarian to enjoy these. Even a meat-eater will find this to be a pleasant change from the norm.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16115 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11163 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9221 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8680 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8441 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8080 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7894 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7508 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6997 Views)