Grilling peppers brings out their natural sweetness and any kind of cheese complements the sweet flavor of yellow bell peppers. Mozzarella is nice or you can try half cheddar and half mozzarella or even goat cheese. You can serve these grilled peppers with a green salad and something crispy such as radishes to contrast with the grilled stuffed peppers’ texture.
This recipe is incredibly easy and only takes a few minutes to do, so if you are looking for an easy vegetable side dish, this one is perfect. You can try different peppers because red, green or even orange peppers work well with this grilled vegetable recipe but the sweetness of the yellow pepper makes it a favorite for this dish. Omit the jalapeños if you prefer these milder.
All you need to make this tasty dish is the bell peppers, cheese, oregano, jalapenos and paprika. The first thing to do is to preheat the grill. Try to get it medium-high, because the peppers will not take long to cook but a nice heat ensures you will get grill-marks which always look attractive. Oil the grate while you are there, so the peppers do not stick. If you light the grill first, use long-handled tongs to hold a clean oiled piece of kitchen paper so you do not burn yourself. Each bell pepper need to be cut into 4 long strips, so do that and discard the seeds and white bits from the inside. Then it is time to put them on the grill and cook them until they char a bit.
Then flip them over so the inside part is face up and add the jalapenos, cheese and oregano. Leave them on the grill until the cheese melts and then sprinkle on some paprika. These are best served piping hot while the cheese is nice and melted and the peppers are tender, and the herbs and spices are fragrant. Whether you stick to the recipe or tweak it a little, swapping the mozzarella for cheddar, the oregano for dried mixed herbs, or the paprika for cayenne pepper, you are sure to be impressed with the results of this recipe. Serve the tasty bell peppers as an appetizer or alongside your favorite grilled meat or fish.
The combination of flavors and textures here is just amazing. You have the sweet flavor of the bell pepper, the creamy melted cheese, the herby taste of oregano and the spicy kick of jalapenos. Finish with a sprinkling of paprika, or perhaps use cayenne pepper if you want to spice these up further. This recipe goes to show how you can make something with various layers of flavors using just a few ingredients. Anyone can master this simple recipe, and if you already have the barbeque on to cook your meat, why not add these too, for a wonderful side dish? You can leave out the jalapenos if you are making these for kids or add extra if you are up for the extra heat in every bite.
- 3 yellow bell peppers, cut lengthwise into 4 strips
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- ½ cup sliced jalapeños
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the grill to medium high and lightly oil the grate.
- Put the peppers on the grill with the inside face down. Cook for a few minutes until they are slightly charred and turn them over.
- Place the jalapeños on top, then the cheese, and then some oregano.
- Grill until the cheese is melted and serve hot.
- Sprinkle a bit of paprika over the top of each one before serving.
The sharp, slightly spicy taste of the jalapeños and the cheese are a perfect mix for the grill. Barbequing these peppers brings out the sweet taste of them, while adding the mozzarella adds a creamy touch and the herbs and spices just finish them perfectly. In the photo yellow bell peppers are used, but you may use any color you want. The radishes you can see are mainly added for color. If you are using one color of bell pepper you might like to serve them on a bed of colorful salad leaves for a color contrast. Serve these piping hot from the barbeque as an appetizer, side dish or snack.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16112 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11163 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9221 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8672 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8433 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8078 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7878 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7500 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6992 Views)