Why Seafood is So Fantastic on the Barbeque
Although meat is probably the most common ingredient used for barbeques, seafood works just as well when cooked on an open fire. Fish is beautiful cooked BBQ style, and other seafood options include squid, razor clams, mussels, shrimp, lobster and scallops.
Cooking seafood on the barbeque means you can forget the big pots on the stove and the steam that fogs up your kitchen, and instead concentrate on enjoying cooking al fresco. Barbecuing is the way nature intended us to cook, and nothing is more natural than an open fire.
Although cooking over a barbecue does take practice and planning, you cannot beat barbequed seafood for flavor, not can you beat the fun and atmosphere of a cookout.
Different Ways to BBQ Seafood
Whether you are cooking for fish and seafood rustic-style around a campfire or in your backyard with some friends and family along to help you eat it, BBQ seafood is always a special treat.
Try smoking the seafood or barbecuing it over a direct flame. Add a tasty spice rub perhaps, or brush the seafood with your favorite flavored butter. There are plenty of ways to barbecue fish and seafood for outstanding results.
Some Flavorful Fish Ideas to Try
Wrap rich meaty fish like sturgeon or delicate ones like cod in foil and cook them directly on the coals. Marinate shrimp and scallops in flavorful mixtures and thread them on to kabob skewers to cook on the grate above the fish.
Try juicy salmon steaks or even whole lobsters. There are lots of barbecue seafood possibilities if you keep your mind open and are willing to experiment with different recipes.
Just as the smoky flavor of the coals infuses meat and poultry with wonderful flavor, the same is true of seafood. Whether you barbecue your seafood as it as, use a tasty marinade or add some oil or butter, barbequing it will bring out the natural flavor of the seafood and keep it juicy and moist.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40258 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16151 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11293 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9251 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (9232 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8581 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8268 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7982 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7559 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (7093 Views)