When is the last time you cooked salmon steaks? Salmon filets are used more often but steaks are also good because they are flavorful and hold together well even when being flipped on the grill if you choose thick enough ones. Barbequing is a great cooking method, especially if you are using a charcoal grill, because you will get a fantastic smoky aroma and flavor. Salmon steaks can also be oven baked, poached or pan-seared. This heart-healthy, omega-3 rich fish is not only tasty but good for you too.
The following recipe shows you how to fix the most delicious salmon. You will need 4 salmon steaks which are about 6 ounces each and an inch thick. The secret to this recipe’s incredible flavor is the dill weed marinade. This really soaks into the fish and infuses it with amazing taste, mellowing the salmon flavor and really complementing it. Dill weed is often served with salmon, but using it in a marinade means the flavor is richer and goes right into the fish, rather than acting only as a garnish. The fernlike leaves of dill weed are aromatic and dill weed tastes beautiful with most types of fish.
Perhaps you are wondering what to serve these grilled salmon steaks with. A mustard and dill sauce would be nice, and you can make that by combining 3 tablespoons each of Dijon mustard, mayonnaise and dill weed with a tablespoon of sugar and 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar. In addition, a portion of white rice would be good, and perhaps a tossed mixed leaf salad on the side. Such a meal would be really flavorful as well as highly nutritious. Cook the salmon until you can flake it with a fork. As soon as it flakes it is done, and because further cooking will dry it out you should serve it as soon as it is cooked through.
Salmon is a very special ingredient because it is universally good no matter what the season or occasion. Whether you fancy a casual backyard cookout or you are entertaining guests at a dinner party, fish steaks are always a winner. You can dress them up with a marinade like in this recipe or cook them plain and serve them with potato salad or another easy-to-make side dish. Enjoy piping hot salmon with mashed potatoes and vegetables in the colder months or eat them al fresco with a delicious crisp salad during the summer. This fish is incredibly versatile and that is one of the factors which makes it so appealing.
- 4 salmon steaks
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Pinch of black pepper
- Combine the vinegar, dill weed, salt, sugar and black pepper in a Ziploc bag.
- Add the fish and seal the bag.
- Turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for an hour, flipping the bag every 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Discard the marinade and grill the salmon steaks covered for about 6 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily.
- Serve immediately with your chosen side dishes.
Cooking salmon steaks on a barbeque is a wonderful idea if you are looking for excellent grilling ideas. Not only does salmon make a change from the usual hamburgers and chicken drumsticks, but it promises a nutritious and flavorful meal. Salmon can be barbequed as it is, flavored with some oil and spices, or marinated in a delicious dill weed marinade to really infuse it with aromatic flavor and bring out its incredible taste. You can see in the photo how the thinnest parts of the salmon steaks get crispy while the thickest parts remain plump and juicy.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16109 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11157 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9216 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8651 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8422 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8071 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7858 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7488 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6986 Views)