Why Barbequed Pizza is So Incredible
Although some people seem surprised to hear barbecued pizza is a viable dish, you really must try it if you have not already done so. Pizza does not have to be oven-baked and cooking it over an open flame can give it plenty more aroma and flavor.
If the weather is hot, it is much nicer to be cooking outdoors than stuck in a hot kitchen anyway, and barbecuing is the most fun cooking method ever. The whole family can help to top the pizza and then share it afterwards.
Assemble Your Dream Pizza
Make or buy a whole wheat or white crust then begin to personalize your pizza how you like it, first adding your preferred sauce. Try pesto, tomato, olive oil or BBQ sauce and then add your favorite meats, seafood and veggies. Since barbecuing is going to heat the pizza from underneath instead of on top, use cooked toppings rather than raw ones.
Tasty toppings include chicken, pepperoni, beef, shrimp, fresh basil, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, corn, pineapple, and even a drizzle of good-quality olive oil. Try sliced onions, chopped broccoli, jalapenos or even canned artichokes if you want, as this can help keep the flavors interesting.
Mozzarella features on many pizzas, and you can also try parmesan, blue cheese, cheddar or another kind if you wish. Goat’s cheese can also be good. Place your pizza directly on the grate and close the lid so the heat can warm up your pizza toppings, melt the cheese and crisp the crust. Use a ‘pizza peel’ (like a very large spatula) to remove the pizza and enjoy the delicious indulgence of it.
Different Types of BBQ Pizza
We have all kinds of fabulous barbecue pizza recipes to tempt you and once you discover just how delicious barbequed pizza is, you will be reluctant to go back to oven-baked pizza. Try a classic napolitana or margarita pizza, or experiment with diverse toppings and sauces to find a winning combination.
One Response to Barbeque Pizza
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16109 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11155 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9215 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8651 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8419 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8071 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7855 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7488 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6986 Views)