If you only like a few ingredients on your vegetarian pizza and not mushrooms, then what about making this tasty vegetable pizza recipe? The pizza is made using prepared pizza dough and shaped into four individual servings. Alternatively, you could make two bigger pizzas but this depends on the size of the grill you are using. The mushroom free vegetarian pizza is topped with three types of cheese, as well as grilled bell pepper slices and black olives for an interesting and mouthwatering meal.
The bell peppers are brushed with an oil, vinegar, and garlic mixture to keep them juicy while they grill, as well as infusing them with flavor, and the remaining oil mixture is drizzled over the pizza before you grill it, to give the pizza a gourmet flavor and to help keep it moist. A lot of gourmet grilled pizza recipes have balsamic vinegar sprayed over them or a little bit of olive oil added, just because these flavors go nicely with the veggie toppings.
The following vegetarian pizza and not mushrooms recipe is very simple to prepare but it has all the authentic and fresh flavor of a homemade pizza because of course it is one. You can even make the pizza dough yourself, if you want to. It is easier though to use readymade dough and then shape and grill it yourself, to give it a homemade-looking shape rather than resembling something store-bought.
Pizza is Always Great
Pizza is fantastic for any occasion and nobody is ever going to say ‘no thanks’ when you offer then a slice of homemade pizza. Beating store-bought hands-down, the following recipe promises freshness in every bite. Whether you use bought dough or make your own, the crust will come out really good on the grill. The smoky flavor the barbeque gives the pizza is really good, and elevates its charm right up to the next level.
The mozzarella and cheddar team up for a nice cheesy topping, and these will melt deliciously on top of the pizza. Two kinds of bell pepper and some black olives complement the cheese and add visual interest to the topping, while balsamic vinegar and garlic are also added to make the flavor absolutely perfect. There are all kinds of homemade pizza you can make but this is one of the nicest. It is not over-complicated but offers something for the pizza lover, the vegetarian eater and the comfort food fan, all at the same time.
Serve this by itself or consider serving a nice side dish with it, maybe something like garlic bread if you want a comfort food feast, or a simple green salad if you want to add some more nutrients to the meal and pair the pizza with something light. Pizza is great when eaten with the hands but do not forget the napkins because slices of pizza can be messy to eat. You will be able to see when this pizza has been cooking for long enough because the crust will be crispy, the cheese will be melted and the pizza toppings will be slightly golden brown in places.
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 4 minced cloves garlic
- 2 cups grated mozzarella
- 10 sliced black olives
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1 lb pizza dough
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Cut the bell peppers in half and take the seeds out.
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Divide the pizza dough into 4 pieces and roll each one out into an 8 inch round.
- Mix the garlic, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil together and brush some of this mixture over the bell peppers.
- Grill the bell peppers until they start to char. Take them off the grill and cut them into strips.
- Put the dough on the hot grill and let it brown on both sides.
- Take it off the grill and top it with the cheese, bell peppers, and olives.
- Drizzle the oil mixture over it and grill it over a low heat with the grill lid closed, until the cheese melts.
This mouthwatering grilled pizza recipe is ideal if you are looking for vegetarian pizza and not mushrooms. A lot of veggie pizzas have mushrooms on them but of course not everyone enjoys this ingredient. The bell peppers used on this pizza recipe look very colorful and appetizing, as you can see from the photo, and the black olives add a contrasting color as well as a pleasing saltiness. The three cheeses used in this vegetarian pizza recipe – mozzarella, parmesan, and cheddar – keep the pizza interesting and these cheeses go really well with the other toppings.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16109 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11149 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9215 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8642 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8416 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8069 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7855 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7482 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6983 Views)