If you like your pizza recipes to have a bit of bite and the thought of a vegetarian equivalent to spicy buffalo chicken pizza sounds good, what about making a Cajun vegetable pizza recipe? This delicious pizza is topped with garlic, onion, bell peppers, and Monterey Jack cheese, and a sprinkling of Cajun seasoning adds some spice. If you want extra spice, feel free to add some jalapenos or half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the sautéed onion mixture. If not, you can always serve hot sauce on the side so that people who like additional heat can add their own. This is a colorful grilled pizza recipe and it is perfect for vegetable fans.
You can experiment with other toppings on this vegetarian spicy buffalo chicken pizza if you want to. What about trying some cauliflower or broccoli florets? You will have to sauté those first to make them tender, but this is a great way of adding nutritional value to your grilled pizza recipe. Cauliflower and broccoli also add visual appeal and flavor and they go well with the spicy flavor.
Serve this delicious Cajun grilled pizza recipe with a side salad and perhaps some garlic bread if you want a complete meal. Alternatively, like with a lot of grilled pizza recipes, this pizza would be good for a buffet. Simply cut it into wedges to serve it. Another idea would be to make a rectangular or square pizza because it is easier to cut into portions. This obviously depends on the shape and size of your grill.
Use frozen bread dough to make the crust for this pizza. That offers a really nice base and it is also much quicker than making your own dough. The choice is yours though, so go ahead and use your own recipe for dough if you wish.
Perhaps, if you are new to making pizza, you want to use the frozen bread dough this time and then have a go at making your own next time. The bell peppers and onion are sautéed with garlic and Cajun seasoning to infuse plenty of Cajun flavor, and then this mixture goes on to the crusts along with some Monterey Jack cheese and a little salt and black pepper.
So Much Incredible Flavor
You will love the exciting flavor this pizza offers, and the Cajun spices make it really special. Whenever you fancy that spicy kick but you do not necessarily want to have meat or fish, the answer is to make a tasty vegetarian pizza and use your favorite spices to make it truly delicious.
Contrasting Side Dish Options
Serve this with a cooling side dish, if you want to counteract the spiciness. Potato salad is often served with spicy meat or fish dishes as a contrast to the spicy kick, but that would be carb overload for a lot of people, so if you want something cooling without necessarily adding the starch, consider a green salad with a sour cream or yogurt based dressing perhaps. Grilled pineapple would also be nice and you can serve wedges of this on the side, so you can enjoy the sweetness of that alongside the spicy pizza.
- 1 green bell pepper, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 chopped red onion
- 2 lbs frozen bread dough
- 8 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Thaw out the dough and divide it into 4 equal portions.
- Roll each one out to make a ¼ inch thick round.
- Brush them with a tablespoon of the olive oil and grill them on one side for 3 minutes.
- Sauté the garlic, bell peppers, and onion with the Cajun seasoning in the remaining oil until tender.
- Spread this mixture over the cooked sides of the 4 pizza crusts.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and add salt and black pepper.
- Grill the pizza for about 4 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
If you want to make a spicy buffalo chicken pizza without the chicken, why not try this excellent grilled pizza recipe for Cajun pizza? The toppings are colorful and tasty and the Monterey Jack cheese is really good. Grilling your pizza over a charcoal grill gives it an amazing smoky flavor but pizza cooked on a gas grill is pretty good too. Hot pizza is a real comfort food and if you enjoy trying different types of pizza, you are sure to enjoy this spicy Cajun vegetable pizza recipe, as will anybody lucky enough to get a slice.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16109 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11152 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9215 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8648 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8416 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8069 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7855 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7482 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6986 Views)