A hundred times better than store bought pizzas, this vegetable pizza recipe is nutritious as well as being tasty. This recipe is quick and easy because you use a pre-made pizza dough. You can alternatively make your own. A selection of fresh vegetables are used in this vegetable pizza recipe, along with garlic and oregano for flavor.
Mozzarella is a common ingredient in most pizzas but the feta adds sharp cheesy flavor, which goes very well with the vegetables. This grilled vegetables recipe can be served hot from the grill, when the cheese is melted and the vegetables smell wonderful. Alternatively, it is just as good eaten cold the next day if you are lucky enough to have any left over.
The vegetables for this pizza are grilled before the pizza is assembled, so fire up the barbeque and then you can grill the bell pepper, squash, eggplant, onion, zucchini and mushrooms. The smoke from the barbeque will give them a fantastic flavor. When they are done you can cook your pizza dough, topped with the seasonings, cheese and vegetables, so everything cooks evenly and perfectly, for the most fantastic result. The vegetables suggested for this recipe are bright and colorful ones, and the flavors combine very nicely. Feel free to change them up if you wish to use different ones. Since you are the chef, the choice is all yours, and you might prefer to use different vegetables to make this than the ones which are listed.
Grill It to Perfection
This pizza is grilled indirectly, which means it is in the barbeque but not right over the flames. The smoke will be all around the pizza and infuse it with that fantastic smoky aroma and flavor we associate with char-grilling. The lid of the barbeque needs to be down to seal in the heat, but keep an eye on this while it cooks. You will be able to see when it is done because the cheese will be melted perfectly over the pizza. The crust will get nice and crispy too, which is the ideal way for any pizza. Save the heavier pizza crusts for other cooking methods, because thin and crispy is the way to go if you plan to cook this dish using a barbeque.
The vegetables will already have been cooked on the grill in advance so you already know those are tender. This pizza makes a lovely meal for vegetarians, or you could even serve it as an unusual treat for meat-eaters. They will not even miss the meat because the vegetables offer such an incredible flavor. Vegetable pizza never gets boring because every time you make it you can change up the ingredients however you wish, try some different herbs or spices, or even find one recipe you truly love and stick with that one. The great thing about making veggie pizza is the flavor. Let the barbeque inspire you to make the tastiest pizza ever for your family. This type of pizza is truly mouthwatering and packed with nutrients.
- 1 cup mozzarella, in ½ inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, in ½ inch rings
- 1 yellow squash, sliced thinly lengthwise
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- 1 lb pizza dough
- ½ eggplant, in ½ inch slices
- 1 sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 zucchini, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 oz mushrooms, sliced
- Black pepper
- Preheat the grill to moderately high.
- Brush 2 tablespoons of the oil over the vegetables, and then arrange them on an oiled grill plate.
- Cook the bell pepper and eggplant for about 3 minutes per side and the yellow squash and zucchini for about 2 minutes per side, or until tender.
- Take the vegetables off the grill.
- Sprinkle the cornmeal over a baking sheet or 14 inch diameter pizza pan.
- Stretch or roll the dough to a 14 inch round, making a rim around the edge.
- Put the pizza crust on the pizza pan or pizza stone.
- Drizzle the rest of the oil over it.
- Sprinkle half the oregano over the crust, then all the garlic.
- Scatter the mozzarella on top of that, then the grilled vegetables.
- Arrange the mushrooms and onions on top, and then add the rest of the oregano, the feta cheese and some black pepper.
- Put the baking sheet or pizza pan away from the hot coals.
- Close the grill lid and grill indirectly for about 12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden and crisp.
This grilled vegetable and cheese pizza features spinach and feta cheese along with the more traditional mozzarella cheese. It uses grilled vegetables to make a mouthwateringly delicious vegetable pizza that everyone (and yes, even your carnivores) is sure to love. The veggies are char-grilled in advance to make them tender, and then the pizza is cooked in the barbeque with the cover down until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy. You can see from the picture how the combination of bright colors looks appetizing and wonderful. No one will be able to refuse a slice of this delicious pizza and the vegetables are packed with nutrients.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16109 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11157 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9216 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8657 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8428 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8073 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7864 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7493 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6989 Views)