Cherry tomatoes, zucchini and red pepper are the grilled vegetables used on this delicious vegetable pizza. Thyme, basil and garlic are used in the marinade and the vegetables are marinated for half an hour to give them an herby flavor. If you are looking for an easy vegetable pizza recipe which does not take long to make and tastes delicious, this is a great grilled vegetables recipe which will appeal to everyone.
You can vary the ingredients in a lot of grilled vegetables recipes if you prefer different vegetables to the ones listed. You might also want to use more cheese if you want your grilled vegetable pizza recipe to be extra cheesy.
Take a look at the recipe and you will see this is very easy to make. The first thing to do is combine the marinade ingredients, and you will find the thyme, garlic, salt, black pepper and basil combine perfectly with the oil to make a very tasty marinade which you will be soaking all the vegetables in. Of course, a marinade is not used for every vegetable pizza recipe, but here it works very nicely and enhances the flavor of the pizza. Half an hour is long enough to marinate the vegetables. When you marinate meat sometimes a marinade is left on for much longer in order to tenderize it but this is of course not necessary for vegetables.
A Perfectly Prepared Barbeque
While they are marinating you can heat up the barbeque. A medium heat is what you are aiming for, and that means you can hold your hand for 4 or 5 seconds about 3 inches above the grill before you have to pull it away. Medium is about 375 degrees F. When that temperature is reached (anywhere between 350 and 400 degrees F is good) you can put a readymade pizza crust on the barbeque and cook it for several minutes or until it begins to puff up and the color changes to golden brown in places. By this time your vegetables should be at the end of their marinating time and you should have your mozzarella to hand as well.
Flip the crust over it, brush on some oil and then you can add the cheese and vegetables to the crust. Add the cheese first and then, once they have been well-drained of marinade, you can arrange the vegetables on top. The pizza will then take roughly 10 minutes to cook but that depends on the thickness of your crust and the exact temperature of your barbeque. The best way to ensure it is cooked is to keep an eye on the pizza because you will be able to see when it is done. The mozzarella will have melted, the crust will be nice and golden brown, and the vegetables will be ever so slightly charred in places. Take a bite of this pizza and you will enjoy the subtle herb flavors in the vegetables as well as the melted cheese. Everything comes together so well, and this is a perfect recipe for the whole family.
- ½ zucchini, sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 diced clove garlic
- ½ red bell pepper, in thin strips
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 10 oz readymade pizza crust
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 8 oz mozzarella, shredded
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Combine the thyme, garlic, oil, salt, vinegar, pepper and basil to make the marinade, and then marinate the vegetables for half an hour in it.
- Preheat the grill to medium and coat the grill rack with cooking spray.
- Grill the pizza crust for a few minutes, or until it is golden brown and puffed up.
- Turn the crust over and brush a teaspoon of oil on it.
- Take the vegetables out of the marinade, draining them well and grill for 4 minutes.
- Scatter the mozzarella over the crust and arrange the veggies on top of it.
- Grill for 10 minutes or until the pizza is done.
Yummy – this tasty marinated vegetable pizza features mozzarella as well as the delicious fresh vegetables for an amazing flavor! Colorful, appetizing and easy to put together, this is a lovely feast for the whole family. If you fancy doing some open-air cooking, fire up the barbeque and by the time it is ready to use your vegetables will have marinated to perfection in the herby garlic marinade. Cook the crust first, then grill veggies, and then you can combine the two, along with some mozzarella cheese, and you can barbeque your pizza wonderfully, adding a subtle smoky accent to the flavor.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16109 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11155 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9215 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8651 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8421 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8071 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7858 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7488 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6986 Views)