A pizza recipe with eggplant is a good idea if you are looking for interesting grilled pizza recipes. The following eggplant pizza is flavored with garlic, parmesan, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella. Grilled red bell pepper adds color as well as more flavor. The following eggplant pizza recipe is really flavorful because the eggplant and bell pepper is grilled before being used to top the pizza and this gives them extra flavor because grilling vegetables always makes them tasty. If you are using a charcoal grill instead of a gas grill or indoor grill, the veggies will also take on a really nice smoky taste.
Eggplant is perhaps not the most popular pizza topping (that would be pepperoni, in case you were wondering!) but it is juicy and succulent. If you prefer, you could use zucchini. Some people do not like the slightly bitter flavor eggplant takes on when it cooks and others do not like the glossy skin. If that sounds like you, feel free to use zucchini instead and you will not have to worry about that.
The following eggplant pizza recipe is suitable for beginner cooks because it is really easy to make. There is not much that can go wrong with it unless you forget about the pizza and let it burn. Using readymade pizza dough means you can roll it out yourself and give it a homemade appearance and using fresh vegetables to top your grilled vegetable pizza recipe means you are making a healthy dish as well as a full-flavored one.
A Simple Yet Special Flavor
If you want to make a pizza which is vegetarian and offers plenty of flavor without you needing to use too many ingredients in the preparation, you might like to consider this recipe. Minced garlic is combined with extra-virgin olive oil to make a nice garlic oil, and then you can brush this on the pizza crusts before barbequing them. The same oil can be brushed over the eggplant and bell pepper before they are barbequed.
The garlic flavor is subtle because you will be mixing it in the oil but it is just used to support the other flavors in this pizza rather than overwhelm them, so a couple of minced cloves is the perfect amount. Your crusts will get nice and crispy on the grill and then you can top them with mozzarella, tomatoes, parmesan cheese and the vegetables you have already grilled.
Tips and Serving Ideas
Another tip is to put salt over the raw eggplant slices and let them sit for half an hour, then rinse off the salt and the bitterness will go with it. Not everyone minds the slight bitter flavor eggplant offers so if you are not bothered then you can omit this step. Consider adding a pinch of dried herbs to the pizza or a sprinkling of oregano if you want to add a herby flavor. Serve the finished eggplant pizza with your favorite side dish or salad. Corn on the cob would also be a nice side dish for this one.
- 1 lb pizza dough
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sliced eggplant
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 8 halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 8 slices mozzarella
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and quartered
- Stir the garlic and oil together in a bowl.
- Divide the dough into 4 portions.
- Roll each portion into an 8 inch disk and brush some of the garlic oil over them.
- Put the dough on a medium high grill, oiled side down, and close the lid.
- Cook the dough for 5 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Brush some garlic oil over the red pepper quarters and eggplant slices and grill them until tender.
- Cut the bell pepper quarters into strips.
- Turn the pizza crust over and top it with the mozzarella, eggplant, bell pepper strips, tomatoes and parmesan.
- Close the lid and cook the pizza for 5 more minutes or until the toppings are done and the cheese has melted.
It is fun to make individual pizzas and if you are looking for an easy personal pizza recipe, this eggplant pizza is really good. The combination of eggplant, tomatoes, cheese, and bell peppers gives you a really colorful pizza, as you can see from the picture, and this pizza tastes amazing too. Whether you are making this for vegetarians, as a change for meat-eaters or for a buffet, this is the kind of grilled pizza recipe you will want to make again and again, because of how nice it tastes. You will never want takeout pizza or frozen pizza again after making your own delicious pizza recipe with eggplant.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16109 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11157 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9216 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8656 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8425 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8073 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7861 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7493 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6986 Views)