This cream cheese vegetable pizza makes a refreshing change from tomato-based pizzas. Feta and Parmesan are also used in this vegetable pizza recipe and bell peppers and onions give it a tasty crunch. Pizza is popular all over the world and Americans eat nearly 350 slices of pizza every second!
The Japanese like tofu and squid on theirs, the Indians prefer chili paneer and tandoori chicken, Russians like a sardine, tuna, salmon, onion and mackerel mixture and Brazilians put green peas on their pizza. Did you also know the original Greek pizza was just crust and vegetables, no cheese? Or how about the fact that the original Italian pizza was made with green peppers and mozzarella? Pizza has a colorful history and tastes delicious, no matter what toppings you prefer!
The following pizza is made with readymade pizza dough, which is a great ingredient to keep on hand because whenever you want to enjoy pizza it is so quick to simply roll it out, top it and cook it to perfection. If you prefer to make your own dough then you may, and if you do that then you will be able to add other ingredients like parmesan or dried herbs to add to the flavor. The first thing you need to do to make this pizza is to preheat the barbeque because it takes a while to heat up.
Gather your ingredients and sauté the onion and bell pepper with some garlic. This brings out the flavors of your veggies and softens them a bit too. If you prefer them crunchier then simply reduce the sautéing time. A longer time will bring out the flavors better though. Keep the veggies moving in the pan so they cook evenly. The delicious garlic flavor will infuse the veggies. Although the recipe calls for green and yellow bell pepper, you may use red or orange if you prefer. Green is the least sweet kind while yellow is the sweetest, but using red or orange will offer a happy medium. The cream cheese is combined with the feta and herbs to make a nice creamy mixture, and that is what you are going to use as your pizza sauce.
The Appeal of White Pizza
White pizza often features cheese and other creamy ingredients, and this makes a nice change from tomato-based sauces which are more common. Using a white sauce also showcases the flavor of the vegetables you are using in the topping while a tomato sauce might be sweet and strong and drown out some of the flavor else. The pizza dough is grilled for a few minutes then flipped and oiled, and then it is time to add the sauce. Once you have spread the creamy sauce all over the crust, you can add the vegetables you have sautéed with the garlic. Finish off with some parmesan and let the pizza cook on the barbeque until the cheese melts. By then the aroma of the pizza will be so amazing you will want to eat it right away.
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 10 oz readymade pizza dough
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 oz softened full-fat cream cheese
- 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon each dried oregano, sage, and basil
- Preheat the grill to medium hot.
- Sauté the onion, bell peppers, and minced garlic in 2 tablespoons of the oil over a medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Take this mixture off the heat and set aside.
- Mix together the cream cheese, feta cheese and herbs. Add the rest of the olive oil and blend well.
- Stretch the pizza dough over an oiled grill rack and grill for 3 minutes.
- Turn the crust over.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on to the pizza crust and sprinkle the onion mixture and Parmesan over the top.
- Grill until everything is hot and the cheese has melted.
- This will take about 10 minutes.
This cream cheese vegetable pizza cooks wonderfully on the barbeque. The dough is spread with a creamy sauce before being topped with onion, garlic and bell pepper. The finished pizza makes a change from the tomato sauce ones you might be more familiar with, and the crispy crust complements the cheese and vegetable topping beautifully. You can see from the picture how this pizza becomes golden brown in places, but you will have to use your imagination where the flavor is concerned, or else make this recipe for yourself. Anyone who wants a delicate tasting pizza will find this one really lovely.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16109 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11155 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9215 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8648 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8416 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8069 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7855 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7482 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6986 Views)