Growing up in New England as many of my regular visitors will realize I have, one thing you know and know well is seafood. What you may not know is that it can be used on pizza to make a distinct pizza combination that will give you a nice change from the normal pepperoni and cheese or whatever combo you are use to. Most people don’t first go to seafood when thinking pizza and another thing many don’t come up with first is making pizza on the grill.
The grill is actually the perfect way to cook pizza it develops nice high dry heat which is ideal for making pizza, and in fact there are grill companies that have specifically developed modifications for normal grills to make them into pizza ovens because it is so perfect in many ways for pizza making. We have been making pizza on the grill for years and let me tell you it is a wonderful change of pace from the normal oven made kind. Now one of the drawbacks to our area is we are limited to the warmer months for doing this not February.
Now you don’t need anything to special to be able to use the grill for pizza a regular grill with a lid will work it might take a bit of setting up but any grill can be made into a pizza oven. I would recommend a stone that is flame resistant as a stone will make the most of the grill for pizza cooking. I am a huge fan of stoneware in general it is so nice at cooking something you cannot quite achieve with any other cooking material.
Now that I have introduced you to the grill for pizza and seafood as a topping combo now you have a whole new realm of possibilities for your next pizza adventure. There are plenty of different combos of seafood you can use and like any other meat pizza you can mix it with different veggie combos for an even broader range of trooping ideas. Things like mushrooms, peppers, onions, and even pineapple make wonderful additions to any seafood pizza. You can also use red sauce like on a regular pizza or the white sauce depending on your choice of toppings either will work well.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Romano cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Anyone from this site: Pizza Dough and Crust
- ½ pound clam strips, cooked chopped
- ½ pound bay scallops, cooked chopped
- ½ pound lobster pieces, cooked
- ½ pound white fish, cooked chopped
- Other seafood toppings of choice
- 3 cups mozzarella or blended pizza cheese, shredded
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan, stir in the flour and stir continually until slightly browned.
- Whisk in the evaporated milk stirring continually to avoid lumps over a medium heat add the cheeses and salt and pepper to taste, simmer and allow to thicken.
- Cool before adding to pizza a bit.
- Prepare according to site recipe directions.
- Preheat the grill to 500 degrees F.
- Take prepared pizza dough and precook on the grill on a grill safe stone for five minutes.
- Remove from grill and add the white sauce with a small ladle in a swirling pattern spread it out from the center of the dough until all but the outer edge of crust is covered.
- Arrange the seafood toppings evenly distributed on the top of the sauce
- Sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese and return to grill to cook another five minutes or until all the cheese is fully melted and slightly browned.
- Remove and allow to cool five minutes until slicing into wedges.
As you can see in this picture seafood pizza makes a delicious looking pizza only thing better than the way it looks is the way it tastes. The grill imparts an extra special flavor into pizza and its high cooking temperature makes it a quick task to turn out lovely pizza that is as quick as it is good tasting. If you have not had the chance to explore this duo of technique and flavor then you really owe it to yourself to give it a try.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16106 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11149 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9215 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8639 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8416 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8063 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7855 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7479 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6983 Views)