Most pizzas seem to feature a layer of tomato sauce before the topping but you can also make pizzas in other ways. Sometimes cream cheese or sour cream is used and that is especially good with vegetable or fruit toppings. In this white pizza recipe, the flavors of the ham, Parmesan, and mozzarella really shine through.
Garlic gives added flavor to this white pizza recipe and parsley is used to decorate the pizza and give another taste to it. This is a very simple pizza to make and if you want to use three cheeses, some provolone is also nice in the topping mixture. This pizza is delicious hot, warm or cold.
Simplicity is the Key Here
The special thing about this pizza, in case you are wondering what is behind the magic, is nothing more than its simplicity. If you are used to enjoying your pizzas with not only a thick layer of sauce but also a variety of toppings, you might like to try this one for a change, because it really is different. A lot of people have never had a white pizza before. If that sounds like you, do not waste another second. You are in for a real treat when you make this, and you will be bowled over by the taste. On top of the thin crust pizza base you will be adding oil and garlic, followed by parmesan and mozzarella. The pizza is now starting to take shape.
Next add some ham and then the pizza is ready to cook. When the cheese is bubbling and the edges of the pizza are starting to go golden brown, it is time to serve the pizza. Sprinkle some parsley on top if you want, or some cilantro or basil if you prefer because any of these will go really nicely, and then serve piping hot for the best result. Because there is no tomato sauce in this pizza recipe, the end flavor is going to be much different from the pizzas you might be more used to. When you take a bite you will taste the cheeses first, and because you are using both mozzarella and parmesan you will get 2 very different cheese flavors which work in harmony, and then you will be able to taste the delicate salty flavor of the ham, followed by a hint of garlic. If you have used parsley, you will also get the aromatic hint of that.
Cook It like an Italian Chef
This white pizza is cooked for about 7 minutes on the barbeque. Keep an eye on it because it does not take long to cook. Also, you should watch for flare-ups. Some flames are fine and the occasional charred area of pizza is fine and adds to the appeal actually, but you do not want any prolonged flare-ups because that will just result in a burnt pizza, and of course that is not the goal we are aiming for here. As you watch the pizza cook, you will see the cheese slowly start to melt, and that is your indication the dish is nearly ready to serve. The cheese, ham and crust all need to be piping hot, and you should wait for some golden brown areas to appear, like the edges of the crust, so you know the pizza is done to perfection.
- 16 oz prepared thin crust pizza base
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup cooked ham in thin strips
- ¼ cup parsley (optional)
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Put the pizza crust on a perforated pizza pan and drizzle with oil and garlic to the edges. Cover the base with the combined cheeses and top with the ham.
- Cook for 6 to 8 minutes in covered grill until the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from the grill and garnish with parsley if desired.
- Cut the white pizza into slices with a knife or pizza wheel and serve.
Keeping it simple is often the best approach when delving into the world of international cuisine, and that applies to all kinds of recipes, so you can preserve the traditional flavor, and enjoy the food the way it is supposed to taste. That applies to pizza in particular, since a lot of modern pizza recipes bear little resemblance to traditional Italian pizzas. This one will change all that, offering you a recipe for white pizza, which is a blend of Italian cheeses, ham, garlic and olive oil, along with a typical pizza base. The flavor is aromatic, delicate and quintessentially Italian at heart.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16109 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11157 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9221 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8663 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8431 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8078 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7872 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7495 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6992 Views)