If you are searching for a tasty chicken Parmesan recipe, how about combining these two flavors on top of a pizza base? There are plenty of easy chicken Parmesan recipes out there and this is one of the simplest to make. Italian bread shells are used for the pizza base and chicken, tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella are used for the topping, as well as Parmesan cheese for an authentic taste of Italy.
Chicken pizza is a very versatile dish. If you do not want to make spicy chicken pizza, chicken and bacon pizza, or plain chicken pizza, try this Italian inspired recipe, perhaps served with a green salad on the side.
Italian through and through, this wonderful pizza recipe boasts not only Italian bread shells for the base, but also parmesan and mozzarella for a very Italian flavor, plus you have tomatoes and basil on there too. Of course pizza is an Italian dish, but using typical Italian toppings means you can ensure every bite of this wonderful pizza brings the true taste of Italy to mind. If you are new to making homemade pizza recipes this is a nice recipe to choose.
Not only is it easy but the flavor will really make you happy, and you will never want to order takeout again once you know how quick and simple, not to mention fun, it is to make your own pizza from scratch. This recipe is easy enough to convert to a vegetarian dish; all you would need to do would be leave off the chicken. The great thing about pizza is you can make half vegetarian and half chicken just by adding chicken to one side of the pizza. That would be a great solution if you are feeding some carnivores and some non-meat eaters.
Enjoy the Lovely Smoky Aroma
The chicken is cooked on the barbeque first, and then you can assemble the pizzas using the chicken. That does not only mean you can use one cooking method to do both things, but also that you can expect double the smoky flavor in this pizza, because the chicken is cooked over the flames and then you can cook the assembled pizzas on the barbeque too, so if you happen to love the smoky flavor you get while char-grilling, prepare for a double whammy of that lovely smoky aroma. That is the reason why food you make on the barbeque is so amazing, and the smokiness works perfectly whether you are cooking chicken, burgers, steaks, or something different, like this amazing pizza recipe.
Because this pizza features fresh basil, you will find it adds a nice, fresh and aromatic flavor that you simply cannot get when serving a pizza you bought in the freezer section of the store. This pizza recipe is a joy to make, from start to finish, and if you are looking for new things to make on the barbeque, aside from burgers and chicken wings, why not make a grilled pizza recipe, and you will be really surprised just how special it tastes. The entire family will be impressed with this lovely pizza, and if you want to use only the best Italian ingredients this is the perfect recipe to choose, because it is so deliciously authentic.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella
- 2 Boboli Italian bread shells (or similar), 6 inches across
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 10 fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
- 14 ½ oz can Italian style stewed tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat grill to medium.
- Stir the salt and pepper into the olive oil, then brush this mixture over both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Grill the chicken for about 8 minutes, turning it once, until it is cooked through.
- This might take 10 minutes if the chicken is thick. Let it cool on a cutting board then cut it into crosswise strips.
- Spread half a cup of the tomatoes on each bread shell, keeping within half an inch of the edge.
- Arrange the chicken on top and then the mozzarella.
- Grill for a couple of minutes, then cover the grill and give them another couple of minutes or keep cooking until the cheese melts.
- Top the pizzas with parmesan and basil.
When making pizza it is always a good idea to use authentic Italian ingredients, so you can get the full appeal of the dish and come up with something really traditional. This recipe uses chicken as well as mozzarella and parmesan, tomatoes, and even fresh basil, for a wonderful authentic result. The photo shows what the finished pizza will look like. This recipe makes 2 pizzas which can be shared between 4 people or even 2 if you are especially hungry. This colorful pizza is so good you will want to make this recipe more than once, and barbequing it means you will end up with a delicate smoky aroma which works so well.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16109 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11157 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9221 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8663 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8431 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8078 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7872 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7495 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6992 Views)