This creamy grilled pizza is amazing. The rich Alfredo sauce takes on the smoky flavor from the grill just perfectly. The tender chicken goes well with the Alfredo sauce and picks up some benefits from the grill, too. The crust is tender, with a little chewiness to make this pizza one of the all time best combinations ever. If you like fettuccine Alfredo, you will love this pizza even more. Think about your favorite characteristics of your favorite Alfredo dish and apply them to a pizza; this recipe is even better.
You do not need to have tomato sauce on a pizza, and this recipe proves it. Grilled chicken pizza is delicious no matter how you put it together, but the Alfredo sauce really makes it into something special. Serve this as an appetizer at your next summer party or save it for a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary. This recipe will earn its place in your recipe file without any effort at all.
Serve this savory grilled pizza with a fresh green salad with a vinaigrette dressing to help cut the richness of the sauce. You can also cut it into bite size pieces and serve it as a delicious appetizer. Let yourself enjoy this rich delicious chicken pizza. It will quickly become a favorite recipe to use when you need to use up leftover chicken breast. Preparation is fast; you do not need to slave over a hot stove. The sauce is surprisingly easy.
An Easy yet Fantastic Alfredo Pizza
As you would expect from such a pizza, this one is creamy because of the sauce, and that suits the other toppings so well. The sauce is made from garlic, basil and parsley, as well as the cream and a touch of chicken broth. Throw in some parmesan, salt and black pepper, and you have the makings of the most wonderful pizza sauce, which will smell amazing while it is cooking. You can start to prepare this pizza while the barbeque is warming up. Barbeque the crusts without anything on them to give them a golden brown color, then add a little garlic oil, the sauce and chicken, as well as any herbs you wish to add.
Tips for Getting the Chicken Perfect
The chicken breasts need to be pounded thin so they cook evenly, and if you do not have a wooden mallet for doing this you can use a rolling pin. Put the chicken between plastic wrap first and pound it until it looks evenly thick. This is worth doing because if you cook it with a thick end and a thin end, the thick part will still be raw in the center while the thin end is beginning to overcook and dry out. It will take about 7 minutes to cook through on the grill. Keep an eye on it and do not let it burn. Once the chicken is white all the way through it is done. The exact cooking time depends how thin you have pounded it, plus the exact temperature of your barbeque. Cut into it to check if it is done, since it is going to be chopped up anyway, to go on top of the pizza.
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 Tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Whatever seasonings you like best on your chicken
- Heat your grill to medium hot.
- While the grill heats up, lay the chicken breasts between two sheets of wax paper and pound them until they are the same thickness throughout. Season your chicken with your favorite seasonings; garlic, salt, paprika or poultry seasoning are all good choices.
- Grill the chicken over medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until it is cooked through. Let it cool and slice it into bite size pieces.
- Heat the chicken broth in a medium sauce pan until it comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic, cornstarch, and heavy cream. Bring the mixture to a soft boil, stirring for one minute. Reduce the heat to low. Add the salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Let it simmer on low for about 10 minutes so the cheese melts and the sauce thickens. Add in the fresh herbs just before you spread it on the pizza crusts.
- Roll out the pizza dough. Heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 cloves of minced garlic in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir constantly. Do not let the garlic brown.
- Take your crusts out to the grill and let them cook for a minute or two until the crust just begins to brown. Flip them over and repeat. Remove the crusts so you can put the topping on.
- Rub this oil into the pizza dough with a pastry brush or spoon. You do not need a lot. Sprinkle a little salt on top.
- Spread Alfredo sauce over the crust, and then add the sliced chicken, turning it to coat the chicken with sauce.
- Return the pizzas to the grill. Let the pizzas cook until the crust turns golden and the sauce looks bubbly. Depending on the size of your pizzas and the temperature of the grill, it may take from 5 to 8 minutes.
Grilled chicken Alfredo pizza is delicious. The smoky flavor of the grill permeates the sauce and the chicken, creating a wonderful, creamy combination. Pizza just doesn’t get any better than this. And did you know Alfredo sauce was so simple? Serve this delicious grilled chicken pizza with a side salad or some cooked greens for a complete meal. The herbs add color and flavor to the creamy white pizza. Enjoy this taste treat as an appetizer or for a meal. It is a great way to use up leftover chicken breast.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16109 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11155 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9215 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8651 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8421 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8071 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7858 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7488 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6986 Views)