If you love pizza, but are tired of making the same old thing every time, maybe this bacon and pineapple pizza topped with streaky bacon, will do the trick. It is full of your favorite meat, livened up by the sweet zing of pineapple and that smoky grilled pizza taste. It might not be diet food, but there is nothing wrong with a little indulgence once in a while.
If you are going to be grilling a pizza, make sure that your grill can maintain a consistent temperature. This is pretty easy with most gas grills, but can be trickier over a charcoal fire. Of course, that charcoal fire add some flavor you will not get with gas – thus the perennial argument over which grill is best. Choose high quality ingredients, toppings, and a day with clear weather for this recipe, then enjoy.
This is quite a simple pizza recipe if you look at the ingredients and preparation, but the flavor is really good. The pizza does not taste like it is missing anything. A thin crust is nice for this pizza, so choose readymade dough unless you especially want to make your own. Making your own pizza dough is not hard, and some recipes for the dough only require a handful of ingredients, and you can use a food processor with a dough hook to speed things up, or else do things the old-fashioned way and use some ‘elbow grease’ to knead the dough and then leave it alone to rise. If that does not appeal then just go ahead and use store-bought dough – we are not going to tell anyone!
You can then cook it on the barbeque until it is slightly golden brown, and then it is time to brush the tomato sauce over the crust. You can use your favorite kind of tomato sauce here, either fresh or canned. Although some people love to make their own tomato sauce, you can also get some nice readymade ones. If you are used to making your own pizza recipes you will probably already have a favorite, so just use that, or otherwise cook some tomatoes with garlic, basil, a splash of red wine, salt and black pepper, and any other seasonings you want. Let the mixture bubble away gently for half an hour or so, and you will end up with a love, fresh-tasting sauce which is ready to spread over your pizza crust.
Exciting Topping Ingredients Blend Perfectly
This pizza features not only bacon, a favorite among pretty much everybody, but also contrasting ingredients. The sweetness of pineapple contrasts amazingly well with the salty bacon, and the two offer such a wonderful flavor explosion in the mouth. You also have mozzarella cheese on there, a typical pizza topping, in fact one of the things that helps to make pizza so good. Everyone loves the way mozzarella melts and goes stringy, so when you take a bite you can stretch that lovely cheese out. Finish it off with some basil and oregano, 2 herbs often used in Italian cuisine and especially good on pizza recipes because they go nicely with the tomato sauce.
- 1 pound of your favorite thin crust pizza dough
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons tomato or pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup pineapple rings or chunks, fresh
- sliced bacon to taste
- ½ teaspoon oregano, fresh or dried
- ½ teaspoon basil, fresh or dried
- Preheat your grill to a medium high heat, and roll dough into a round nine inches across on a floured surface.
- Place onto the hot grill and cook for a few minutes - until crust has begun to brown.
- Remove and place browned side up on a cookie sheet.
- Stir the minced garlic into the tomato sauce until evenly mixed in.
- Spread tomato sauce over crust, then top with bacon, pineapple, and cheese.
- Sprinkle with herbs.
- Carry pizza to the grill using a cookie sheet or a peel and place back on grill.
- Cover and cook for an addition three or four minutes, or until bottom is brown and cheese has melted.
This wonderful pizza combines bacon, pineapple and mozzarella for a fabulous result which is both colorful and fresh-tasting, and combines total opposites in the flavor spectrum so you can expect every bite to wow your taste buds. It is your choice what kind of tomato sauce to use, and you can also sprinkle some dried oregano and basil on top, to add to the typical Italian appeal of the pizza. The photo shows what the finished pizza will look like, and that crispy bacon makes such a worthy topping, especially combined with the juicy pineapple and melted mozzarella cheese. Yum!
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16109 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11155 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9215 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8651 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8421 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8071 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7858 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7488 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6986 Views)