This delicious pizza is easy to make and boasts the flavors of mushrooms and bacon. The mushrooms add an earthy flavor while the bacon offers a salty, meaty taste. Tomato sauce and mozzarella, which are typical pizza ingredients, also have a place on this delightful barbequed pizza, and then you can add dried oregano, black pepper and garlic to add more accents to the flavor. Some hot chili is an optional ingredient, and you might like to add it if you want to give the pizza an added kick.
You can use any kind of pizza dough to make this, either homemade or store-bought. You will need to brown the dough on one side, then flip it over, top it and cook the other side too, so the crust comes out nice and crisp. This recipe was written with the grill in mind, but if you prefer to use the oven, simply heat it to 450 degrees or 500 degrees if your oven goes that high, then just cook the pizza until the cheese melts and the pizza begins to get golden brown around the edges.
The bacon should be cooked before you assemble the pizza, so broil, bake or pan fry it until crisp, then chop it. Slice the mushrooms thinly and they will cook fast in the heat of the grill – you do not need to pre-cook those. Of course, if you choose the oven instead of the barbeque, you will be losing that hint of smoky flavor the barbeque gives. If the weather is really not up to grilling though, go ahead and use the oven so you do not miss out on this lovely bacon and mushroom pizza.
Making Tweaks is Fine
Feel free to change the ingredients used on this pizza if you are in the mood for experimentation. Some people like to add something sweet to contrast with the bacon, so add some pineapple chunks if you want, or add some corn kernels, capers, olives, or even some dried basil if you like. Pizza is one of those dishes where you can just throw on any ingredients you want. Sometimes you will want to keep it simple and just let the flavors of the main ingredients, in this case the bacon and mushrooms, shine through, while other times you might just want to pile it high with all your favorite toppings and enjoy the way pizza toppings always seem to complement each other regardless of what you use.
Serve this with barbeque sauce to bring out the smoky flavor, or just as it is, eaten with the fingers of course, for a casual family meal. This pizza will serve 4 people if you have salad or another side dish with it, or 2 if you are very hungry! Remember pizza also keeps in the refrigerator overnight in case you want to enjoy it cold the following day, or you can gently reheat it and experience all the appeal of having it fresh off the barbeque once again. So if you are in the mood to tweak the toppings, add a touch of spice, make extra, or even try out a new side dish to go with it, you are in store for a real treat when you make this fantastic barbequed pizza.
- 1 lb thin-crust pizza dough
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 6 chopped, cooked bacon strips
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ finely sliced red chili pepper or ⅛ teaspoon chili powder(optional)
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your barbeque to medium-high.
- Roll the dough into a 9 inch round then grill it for 3 minutes or until crust starts to brown.
- Remove and put on a cookie sheet with the browned side facing up.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the crust, then top with the mozzarella.
- Add the bacon and mushrooms on top of the cheese.
- Add the hot chili pepper slices if you want to add some heat to the pizza, or a sprinkling of chili powder if you prefer.
- Sprinkle with the oregano and garlic powder, and grind some black pepper over the pizza.
- Grill it again, covered, for 4 minutes or until bottom is browned, the mozzarella has melted, and the toppings are hot.
- If you prefer to oven-bake your pizza, cook it for about 12 minutes at 450 degrees F or until done.
Grilled bacon and mushroom pizza makes a delicious meal. Pizza crust is topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella, bacon, mushrooms, oregano, garlic, and more. This is easy to make and quick as well. Something that will appeal to adults and kids alike, this bacon and mushroom pizza can be made on the barbeque or baked in a very hot oven. Everyone loves bacon and it makes a delicious topping for pizza, which is why we have chosen it for this one. The photo shows how attractive the bacon and mushrooms look on top of the pizza. Serve this with sauce, if you like, or drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil over it before serving.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16109 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11155 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9215 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8648 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8416 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8069 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7855 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7482 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6986 Views)