Few sandwiches are more mouthwatering than a chicken sandwich, especially when you not only marinate the chicken in Tex-Mex seasonings beforehand but also when you carefully select all your favorite sandwich toppings and add them all, to ensure you are going to be eating the sandwich of your dreams. Making this sandwich is not the time to cut back on toppings. Think about what you like and really go for it. Do you like avocado, lettuce, tomato, mayo, BBQ sauce, pickles, and jalapeños? What about some crispy bacon and American cheese slices? Go for it! This is your chicken sandwich so add as many toppings as you want, and use 3 slices of bread instead of 2 for a club sandwich style, extra-satisfying result!
It is no secret we love Mexican and Tex-Mex flavors, and the marinade we are using here has it all – cumin, chili powder and lime juice, along with honey for a touch of sweetness. The purpose of the honey is also to help the seasonings stick. Give the chicken a few hours marinating time, overnight if possible, to ensure your chicken is as tasty as possible. You can discard the marinade as soon as you are done marinating. You will not need to brush it over the chicken as it cooks. We are using a high heat so the chicken will only take a few minutes to cook anyway.
A Great Idea for the Summer
Whenever the weather is turning warm, our minds tend to daydream about barbequing. There is something really magical about the first barbeque of the year. Now that winter is finally over and the summer is truly arriving, it is a great idea to find some new summer meal ideas. These Tex-Mex sandwiches are affordable to prepare and they are so tasty. You can tweak the seasonings to make them milder, for the kids perhaps, or add jalapeños and ramp up the chili powder if you prefer a fiery hot finish. Add plenty of cheese to the finished sandwich if you would like a creamy contrast, and perhaps also some mayo with either lemon or lime juice (just a little, you do not need much) stirred into it for a citrus twist. However you choose to serve these delicious chicken sandwiches, one thing is sure, and that is you will be very glad you chose to make this recipe.
Some people like to make the same kind of sandwiches each time while others prefer to mix and match not only the seasonings but also the toppings. Either way is fine, but if you do like to experiment, try some different toppings. If you usually have cheddar cheese with your chicken sandwich, try another kind of cheese instead. If you usually add plenty of chili powder, try using less chili but having a different kind of dressing on the sandwich, not just mayo, so you can taste the more delicate flavors in there. There are all kinds of ways to make delicious chicken sandwich recipes, and the following recipe is a great starting point which you can tweak however much you wish.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 12 slices of bread
- Tomato slices
- Jalapeño slices
- Mayo or creamy dressing
- Cheese slices
- Combine the chili powder, cumin, honey, lime juice, and oil in a Ziploc bag.
- Add the chicken, seal the bag, and ensure the chicken is fully coated in marinade.
- Let it marinate for at least an hour, but preferably overnight for a more intense flavor.
- Take the chicken out of the refrigerator and prepare the barbeque for a high heat.
- Cook it for a couple of minutes per side, turning once, or until it is 160 degrees F in the thickest part with no pinkness left inside.
- If you like, you can melt cheese on the chicken during the final minute of cooking.
- Toast the bread on the barbeque, along with some onion slices if using.
- Assemble the sandwiches, slicing the chicken first if liked, adding your favorite toppings.
- Serve the sandwiches right away.
If you are hungry, this Tex-Mex chicken sandwich is sure to please your belly. Boasting spicy chicken breast along with all your favorite toppings and whatever kind of bread you want to use, this sandwich will come out exactly as you hoped. Follow our recipe for the spicy chicken but pick your own toppings so you can be assured of the perfect result when you make this dish. Fire up the barbeque and get it nice and hot, then you can get appetizing grill marks on your chicken. Either cut it into strips, like you can see in the pictured sandwich, or leave the chicken whole if you prefer. This is a colorful and very tasty dish.
See all of our other 5 Barbequed Chicken Dishes Everyone Will Love, Oops more like 4 and a fish!
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16109 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11149 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9215 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8642 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8416 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8063 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7855 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7479 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6983 Views)