Are you in the mood for something spicy and satisfying? In that case, you might want to consider the following recipe which is a Southwestern take on a classic chicken sandwich. You will need chicken breast halves for this, or one chicken breast cut in half across the middle. The chicken is marinated in a spicy mixture which will permeate into it. A couple hours of marinating is perfect but overnight would also work. So if you want to make burgers but you want something other than the ground beef burgers you usually make, give this one a whirl, and you will be pleasantly surprised.
This Boasts an Incredible Flavor
The combination of honey, chipotle, cumin, tomato, chili, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and honey mixture, is ideal to give it an amazing flavor. This coating also helps seal in the juices. The chicken does not take long to cook on the barbeque, just a few minutes in fact. Just before it is cooked through, you can add a slice of mozzarella on top and let it melt over the meat. Smoked mozzarella works really well with the spicy chicken, or you can use regular mozzarella, or even cheddar if you prefer, or some kind of Mexican cheese.
Other Toppings to Consider
Adding other toppings, such as iceberg lettuce, tomato slices or raw onion, is up to you, but to be honest this is nice with just the sticky chicken and the cheese. That offers the most amazing flavor without the need for a whole lot of other toppings. This sandwich is a bit messy to eat but as long as you have a few napkins you will be fine. If you like, you can add some barbeque sauce on top of the burger to complement it further, or a dollop of mayonnaise or sour cream to contrast with the other flavors. One other thing you could do is add some crispy bacon as a topping to make these really indulgent!
These are nice served with fries, either regular ones or the sweet potato kind, while coleslaw is also a nice side dish, as is corn on the cob served with plenty of butter and salt. If you want to go for a milder result, perhaps because you do not like spicy flavors or because you are making these for the kids too, you can leave out the chipotle chili. Tweak any of the other ingredients you do not want too, like swapping the honey for brown sugar, or the olive oil for canola oil. The good thing about marinades is that you can usually tweak them to your heart’s content.
Some marinades can be boiled after use and served as a sauce but this one is better just as a marinade, so if you do want to add more sauce to the finished sandwiches, simply add a little BBQ sauce on top of the chicken before serving. These are so easy, they are sure to become a family favorite, because everyone loves perfectly grilled chicken, especially if it is char-grilled to add a nice smoky flavor. The bun can be split and toasted lightly before you add the chicken, because the toasted surface stops the juices leaking through the bread and making a soggy mess.
- 2 chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons tomato concentrate
- 1 minced chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt, to taste
- 2 burger buns
- 2 slices mozzarella
- Combine the cumin, garlic, tomato concentrate, chili, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, oil, honey, and salt.
- Rub this mixture over the chicken and let it marinate for a couple of hours.
- Preheat the barbeque to medium-hot.
- Coat the barbeque grate with cooking spray and put the chicken on there.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add a mozzarella slice to each one, then cook for 1 minute or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the cheese-topped chicken in the burger buns.
Sticky, spicy chicken sandwiches make a lovely snack or meal. You can see from the picture how appetizing these are. Spicy chicken is always good, whether you are pan-frying it, roasting it, or serving it as part of a salad or a pizza topping, but char-grill it and you can be sure of a wonderful result. The finished chicken is topped with mozzarella and served in sesame topped burgers. The photo makes it clear just how appetizing this is and it smells wonderful and tastes even better. Take care not to overcook the chicken. Once it is white in the center, is it done.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16109 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11155 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9215 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8648 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8416 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8069 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7855 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7482 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6986 Views)