This recipe boasts garlic, cumin, chili, and oregano flavored chicken wings which are cooked beautifully on the barbeque. These are ideal if you have a crowd to feed or if you just want to make something tasty as a treat for the family. The recipe is simple to double or triple anyway. Use regular chicken wings or jumbo-cut party wings if you prefer. Feel free to marinate them for a few hours before cooking them to offer additional flavor. Marinating them results in a richer flavor. You will find the seasonings work very nicely with the chicken. Serve these wings with lemon wedges, coleslaw and cornbread perhaps, for a full meal. This serves 2 as an entrée or 3 to 4 if you are also offering burgers and steaks from the barbeque.
Do not worry if you have leftovers because these keep for a few days in an airtight container in the refrigerator, so you can use them for picnics or box lunches. The wings are cooked for a while, then you can apply the spice mixture and finish them off on the barbeque. Do not apply any of the basting mixture during the final 5 minutes of cooking time so if there is any bacteria in there from the raw chicken, the heat from the barbeque will cook it off and prevent cross-contamination. Because these are piquant, they are nice served with something creamy on the side. If you do not want coleslaw, consider potato salad, homemade guacamole or a creamy macaroni salad on the side, to provide contrast.
A Perfect Blend of Spices
In the recipe you will see we recommend a teaspoon of chili powder or ‘to taste’ which means if you do not want these hot and spicy you can reduce the amount of chili powder used. A teaspoon will give quite a fiery result, so add less to the spice mix if you like. Along with the chili we are using cumin, garlic, oregano and salt to balance out the flavors, along with olive oil so you can spread it over the wings. Feel free to tweak the spice mix if you want to use other ingredients. Some people like to add a little brown sugar for sweetness, or honey instead. That is fine although be careful it does not scorch on the barbeque. Another way of sweetening the dish is to serve a sweet sauce on the side, or even cornbread with some butter and honey drizzled over it to add contrast. Chicken wings are always popular and you can expect these to disappear fast.
The following recipe is an excellent way to prepare wings and the smoky taste from the barbeque makes them really special. Whether you are also putting ribs, burgers and steaks on the grill for a huge meal or just focusing on the wings, you can expect plenty of spicy flavor in every bite. Ensure you have plenty of napkins to hand because these can be messy. This is a great dish if you want to make something spicy but you do not want to marinate anything overnight, because you can literally brush the spice mixture on to the chicken while it is on the barbeque, and get plenty of mouthwatering flavor.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat the barbeque to medium.
- Combine the cumin, garlic, salt, oregano, oil, and chili powder.
- Grill the wings for 15 minutes, turning them occasionally.
- Baste them using the cumin mixture and give them another 10 minutes or until they are done.
- Do not baste the wings during the final 5 minutes of the cooking time.
- Serve the wings hot with lemon wedges.
It is nearly impossible to look at this chicken wings picture without your mouth watering, don’t you find? These are so good. They are flavored with garlic, cumin, chili and oregano, and boast so much flavor. These chicken wings will also take on a smoky accent from the barbeque, which suits their spicy taste very nicely. Serve them with lemon or lime wedges, and we suggest something creamy like coleslaw, potato salad or macaroni salad on the side, to contrast with their fiery flavor. This recipe is easy to double or triple, for feeding a crowd, and everyone will love their amazing spicy flavor.
See all of our other 5 Barbequed Chicken Dishes Everyone Will Love, Oops more like 4 and a fish!
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16109 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11157 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9216 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8651 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8422 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8071 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7858 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7488 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6986 Views)