Summer time is perhaps the best time of the year. With children out of school, families are able to plan outdoor activities and vacations. Perhaps the best part of summer time is the fact that you can barbeque whenever you choose. During summer, on a warm lazy day, nothing is as perfect as firing up the grill and having a barbeque.
Research has shown that family’s barbeque in the summer more than any other time of the year. In the US alone, more than ninety percent of the population attend or host at least one barbeque per year.
There are certain things that need to be remembered in order to host the perfect barbeque. There are guidelines that need to be followed in order to host the perfect barbeque. These guidelines have been created by the most famous grillers in the world.
It is very important both for sanitary reasons and for the taste of your food to start out with a clean grill. Left over food may pose a health risk and it will also make the food you cook taste really funky. It is recommended that you clean your grill after each use with grease fighting dish detergent. It is not recommended to put your grill rack in the dishwasher.
When you are about to put your food on the grill, spray the grill with a non-stick spray made especially for grills. This will allow your food to cook without the risk of drying the food out by it sticking to the grill. By spraying the grill, you are insuring that the food will be tender and juicy.
Using a charcoal grill is a fast and efficient way of cooking your meat. However, it is important that you make sure that all of the coals have turned gray. This not only insures that the temperature is correct for grilling, it also insures that all of the lighter fluid has burned off. When you are using a gas grill, make sure that the temperature is at the correct level to insure that your food does not burn and dry out.
Everyone loves to marinate meat before placing it on the grill. Many will marinate their meat for as much as twenty-four hours in advance of the barbeque. This is not recommended because most barbeque sauces and marinades contain large amounts of sugar. This will cause your meat to burn and dry out faster. It is recommended that you season the meat with salt and pepper and place it on the grill to cook. Only in the final minutes of grilling should you apply barbeque sauce. The natural flavor of foods are enhanced by grilling, there is no need to soak it in marinades for days at a time.
One of the best ways that you can lock the juices into the meat is by searing it. This is done by placing the meat over a high flame for a minute or two on each side and then reducing the heat to the normal range you would cook it in. by searing the meat, you are insuring that it will be full of natural juices.
It may seem like the next step is over dramatized, however, it is critically important that you do not use the same utensils to handle cooked and raw meats. It is also critically important that you do not place the cooked meat on the same platter that the raw meat was on until you have washed it thoroughly. By using the same platter and utensils, you may be inviting disastrous results.
Once the meat is on the grill, leave it alone. Turn it only when necessary and do not poke at it. If you do, you will loose the natural juices of the meat and have a very big, greasy mess to clean up afterwards. When you poke the meat, you risk drying it out, and this could ruin your barbeque.
By following these simple guidelines, you are sure to have many successful barbeques and create lasting memories for family and friends who attend.
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16109 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11157 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9216 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8656 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8428 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8073 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7864 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7493 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6986 Views)