Corn features in many grilled vegetable recipes and other dishes. Creamed corn, corn chowder and corn bread are all delicious but no corn dish is quite as mouthwatering as hot, juicy corn on the cob.
European settlers all over the Midwest adopted the Indian style or roasting the corn with the husks removed, but corn cooked in the husk is very tasty too. In Native American the word for corn means “our mother” or “she who sustains us”. Corn is low in calories but high in both potassium and vitamin C.
Grilled Corn On The Cob
Learn More About >> How to Grill Corn on the Cob plus a wonderful recipe at this link.
Grilling Vegetables Tips and Tricks
- Most vegetables can be cooked whole but if you are cutting them up, make the pieces of equal size so they cook evenly.
- You can coat the vegetable pieces in canola oil or vegetable oil before grilling them to enhance their flavor and stop them from sticking to the grill.
- Herbs can burn so you can season your vegetables with salt and pepper before grilling them and then toss them in herbs when they are done.
- You do not need to use baskets or skewer if your vegetables are cut into big enough pieces. As long as they cannot fall through the grates, they will be fine. You can cut them up smaller when they are cooked.
- If you making vegetable kabobs, choose vegetables that have the same cooking time. Baby tomatoes grill much quicker than sliced carrots, for example, so a baby tomato and sliced carrot kabob would not work unless you partially cook the carrot slices first.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on the vegetables halfway through the cooking time and this gives them a wonderful caramel flavor that kids will love.
- If the weather is bad, a cast iron grill pan on the stove works just as well as an outdoor grill.
I hope that the above tips will help to ensure your first grilled vegetable recipes will turn out wonderfully. There is so much variety with grilled veggies. You can try different herbs, spices, marinades, and salsas to serve the veggies with and your grilled vegetable recipes will be popular with everyone!
Leave a Reply
- Classic Beef Burger with Swiss Cheese Tomato and Cucumber May 10, 2016
- Barbequed Hawaiian Guava Chicken Thighs May 5, 2016
- Non-Mayo Based Cabbage Coleslaw April 26, 2016
- Bold and Smoky Barbecue Sauce Kansas City Style April 22, 2016
- Spicy Cowboy Beans with Beef and Bacon April 13, 2016
- Dijon Mustard and Rhubarb Barbeque Sauce April 1, 2016
- Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Stuffed with Gorgonzola and Fig March 26, 2016
- 4 Ways to Barbeque Chicken Breast for Best Results March 20, 2016
- 4 Summer Drink Ideas for Your Next Barbeque March 20, 2016
- Grilled New Englander Seafood Pizza March 12, 2016
- Home (40234 Views)
- One of the Best Recipes for Grilled Eggplant (16115 Views)
- A Healthy Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe (11163 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs (9221 Views)
- Herb Marinated Pork Kabobs with Vegetables (8672 Views)
- Kiwi Apple Mocktail (8433 Views)
- White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts (8080 Views)
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna Recipe (7884 Views)
- Easy Grilled Chinese Vegetables Packets (7505 Views)
- Portabella Mushroom Burger Recipe (6997 Views)